5 Habits of Clean House People
Have you ever been completely embarrassed when a friend stopped by your house unannounced, because your house was a mess? Here are a few habits you can adopt;
- Make your bed. As soon as you get out of bed, at the very least, pull up and smooth the covers so the bed looks somewhat neat. It's a simple step that takes only a few seconds but can make a big difference in your outlook as you start your day.
- Empty the dishwasher. Leave yourself five extra minutes in the morning to unload the dishwasher. This keeps dirty dishes from stacking up in the sink throughout the day, and give you one less thing to do at dinnertime.
- Don't procrastinate. Instead of saying, 'I'll do it later', say 'Why not now?' Open the mail as soon as you bring it in. Unpack from your trip right when you get home. Clean the kitchen immediately after dinner.
- Do laundry regularly. Don't wait until you're out of clean socks. Set up a schedule to avoid overwhelming mounds of dirty clothes.
- Pick up before bed. Allow 10 minutes before you go to bed to do a sweep through the house and tidy up. Put things back where they belong, sweep the floor, start the dishwasher and then wipe down the counters in the baths and kitchen.