Create a Wish List for Your New Home!
Evaluate the features of your current home so you know just what you want in your next one!
Now that many of us have spent several months living inside, we’ve become quite familiar with our homes — in some cases, maybe too familiar. If you were planning to move before COVID-19, and still plan to do so when the timing is right, you might want to take this time to reflect on what’s working and what’s not in your current home. For instance, those stairs you’ve climbed 10 times a day may have kept you moving while you’ve stayed home, but maybe you’d like stair-free living in your next home. Or perhaps the yard you thought you could do without has now become a must-have.
We’ve come up with a list of questions to help you pinpoint what you like and don’t like about your current home so you can find more comfort and pleasure in your next one.
What’s working for you — and what’s not?
- On a scale of 1-10, how do you like your current home?
- What’s your home’s best quality?
- And its worst quality?
- Do you like the style of your home? If not, is there an architectural style or era you prefer?
- What’s your favorite room, and what makes spending time there pleasurable?
Space and flow: How do you feel when you’re at home?
- Do you have enough space or too much? Where could you use more/less space?
- How would you describe the layout — an open floor plan or more compartmentalized? Does it suit your lifestyle?
- Do you have enough or too many bedrooms? Bathrooms?
- Do you like the number of levels (single or multistory)?
- Are you happy with the windows (enough natural light, well-placed, too sunny)?
- Do you like the fixtures and finishes?
- Is there a specialized room you’ve never had but have always wanted (such as a home office, workout room, sewing room, laundry room or mudroom)?
What’s outside — and how does it affect your experience of home?
- If you have an outdoor space, do you enjoy spending time there?
- If you don’t have one, do you feel like you’re missing out?
- Do you enjoy taking care of a yard… or feel burdened by it (be honest!)?
- Does your home have curb appeal? If not, what needs to be improved?
- Do you have adequate parking? Is a garage or carport a must-have?
- How much time and effort does the exterior require for upkeep (painting, staining, etc.)?
Your neighborhood: Community connections can make life all the sweeter
- Are you happy with your neighborhood? Think about all its characteristics, including walkability, parks, nearby activities, density, noise level and neighbor involvement.
- Do you have to travel far for basics such as groceries or a doctor’s appointment?
- Are you happy with your commute?
- Are there enough activities going on around you — or too many?
At Coldwell Banker Alfonso Realty, we have over 150 experienced Real Estate Agents ready to list your current home, get top dollar, and help you find the home that checks ALL your boxes! Call us today at any of our SIX offices across the Mississippi Gulf Coast or visit us at www.Alfonso.com to browse the current market & connect with an agent!
Gulfport - (228) 287-1000
Bay St. Louis - (228) 467-0244
Diamondhead - (228) 255-3550
Biloxi - (228) 207-2308
Ocean Springs - (228) 875-1272
Pascagoula - (228) 769-7777