May We Share Our Recipes Summer
May We Share Our Summer Recipes
Jul 13, 2021
Memorial Day seems to be the unofficial kick-off to the summer for most of us. The ERA Team decided to commence their summer with the time-old traditions of a picnic with family and friends. The ingredients for a great BBQ are always good food, friends, and a great grill master or cook. The #ERATeam got together via location last week to display their cooking skills.
Here are their best recipes from our BBQ from Cleveland to Florida.
Cleveland's Winner: Thomas Fowler
AVOCADO-PESTO BLT BITES
Adapted from inspiredbycharm
- 16 strips thick-cut bacon, cooked
- ½ medium avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 48 cherry tomatoes
Begin by cutting each slice of cooked bacon into three equal pieces. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, use a fork to thoroughly mash together the avocado, cream cheese, pesto, and lemon juice. Put the mixture into a piping bag or plastic baggie. Cut off one corner of the baggie with scissors.
Assemble each bite by piping a line of the avocado-pesto mixture onto a strip of bacon. Top with 2 or 3 leaves of arugula and a cherry tomato. Secure the bacon and arugula around the tomato with a toothpick. Repeat for all of the bites.
Columbus Winner: Elyssa Robertson
Prepare and bake brownie mix in a greased 13 x 9 baking pan according to package directions. Let cool. Mix powdered sugar, 1/2 cup butter, and peanut butter. Mix well and spread over cooled brownies. Chill for one hour. Melt together chocolate chips and remaining butter in a saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Spread over brownies. Let cool; cut into squares. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
- 19- 1/2 oz pkg. brownie mix
- 2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 8 oz. jar creamy peanut butter
- 6 oz. Pkg. semi- sweet chocolate chips
Cincinnati Winner: Melissa Sherrick
Asian Cole Slaw Recipe
- 3 Pkg Ramen Noodle - Oriental/Chicken Flavor (Break up fine before opening package) (I place in a Ziploc bag when breaking up the packages)
- 2 bags shredded almonds
- 1 stick marg/butter (melted)
Mix & bake @ 325 degrees for 20 to 30 min -stir frequently - just want noodles & almonds to be toasted.
Store in Ziploc bag or container until ready to add to coleslaw.
Dressing (mix) together the day before, then refrigerate overnight. Take out and stir it a couple of times.
- 1 C. Sugar
- 1 C. Oil
- 1/2 C. Rice Vinegar
- Optional to mix in 3 Seasoning packets from Ramen Noodles
- 2 bags Coleslaw
Mix together all ingredients in a large bowl when right before you are ready to serve.
Hillsboro Winner: Christina Ross
Mexican Street Corn Dip
Put in a small crockpot, serve with corn chips.
- 2 – packages of 8oz cream cheese
- 1 box of Frozen Alexis Mexican Style Street corn
- ( microwave for 3-1/2 minutes – crockpot will finish cooking it)
- ¼ cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic (minced or powder)
- ½ cup of Sour Cream
MIX all together in a crockpot and cook on med. Heat to low until hot and ready to DIP!
Florida Winner: Jeffrey Jung
Yogurt Honey Apple Cider Vinegar, salt and lemon zest
Everyone has a different recipe for success in backyard summer fun.
It doesn’t matter which meat, side, or dessert as long you remember to sunscreen, space, and fun.
We need a yard that is the envy of the neighbors. So let us help find your next Summer Heaven Haven.