Family Activities to Try During COVID-19
The Coronavirus is not going away any time soon like so many of us had hoped in the public or in the real estate community. Social distancing is the best option for those who remain healthy to stay that way and those who have been affected by the disease to contain the spread. For some, like children, this can be hard to cope with. They are out of school and stuck at home; kids want to hang out with their friends. Staying healthy is hard when staying apart seems impossible.
There are some outdoor activities that children can still do somewhat together, like riding bikes around the neighborhood. For parents, keep a watchful eye on them so they don’t get out of sight. You never know what they could get into, or near, when out of your watchful eye. For those who don’t want to take the risk with your kids, here are some ideas for kids and their families to do together while under quarantine.
1. Learn to Cook/Bake – You can always bond over food. Teaching your child to be self-sufficient while also laughing and having a good time is always something a parent should have time for!
2. Clean and Organize – A chunk of the day is always used to clean up around the home and organize. You can make a game out of it, clean the living room and have some ice-cream (or better yet, hand make the ice-cream).
3. Read a Book – Take some down time from playing and grab a good book. Curl up on the couch and make it a family affair. Section off thirty minutes for reading daily.
4. Gaming – Sometimes you just need to game it out. Taking a mental refresher from all the online schooling is a must and games, board games or otherwise, can be a great outlet for blowing off some steam. Maybe your child becomes the teacher for this one!
5. Watch a Movie – After a long day of online schooling, and working from home, a movie may be the best source of relaxation.
6. Exercise – A healthy lifestyle is one that will benefit your kids for the rest of their life. If you go down to the basement to work out, bring the kids along. They can workout along side you; you could show them a few of those Pilates moves.
8. Host a Netflix Party (for older kids) – Netflix has launched “Netflix Party” an online experience with a chat window so everyone can talk about the movie together.
9. Play Outside – Playing outside is still not off limits. If you have a fenced backyard, then go for it. Playtime outdoors can break up the monotony of life stuck indoors with the Stay at Home Order and allow for a little fresh air.
10. Have Fun – Life is what you make it. In trying times, find the good in the situation – like the family time the Stay at Home Order brings – and use it to your advantage.
Sometimes going out is a must. If you are in need of a home, our agents that are showing property are taking precautions to keep them, their clients, and the sellers safe. Virtual tours are also another handy real estate gadget that could help those who do not feel comfortable going into another home during this time. Ask your real estate agent about a virtual tour today! Our ERA Liberty Realty real estate offices in Martinsburg and Charles Town are currently closed indefinitely due to the Virus. If a real estate agent chooses not to show you a home or sign a listing agreement in person, please be respectful of their choice.