Just Peachy 🍑
Summer is in full swing, here in South Carolina, which means July is fast-approaching. And we all know July means Independence Day, lots of family time, lake + beach trips, the constant aroma of a lit grill and of course, fresh peaches!!
Our beloved state is known for this sweet and succulent fruit and is proud of it! With peach season upon us, we curated a list of recipes for you to try ranging from apps and snack to sweets and treats, with non and alcoholic beverages included for good measure. We also took the time to scope out local farms around the state so you can get the freshest and best of the best!!
Apps + Snacks:
- Use some of these to brighten up just a regular ol' dish! Peach butter, peach jam, peach salsa or peach chutney.
- Grilled or baked peaches are always an easy and acceptable go-to!
- How refreshing does a peach popsicle sound?
- A slice of peach bread anyone?
- We believe oatmeal is always a good idea. Do you prefer baked or overnight oats?
- Whether mid-day or early morning, muffins are the best. Try these peach cobbler ones or maybe this peach streusel flavor has your attention?
- Peach pudding, you know you want to!
Sweets + Treats:
- We all know a peach cobbler is a given, but give it a twist and try this peach-corn cobbler recipe!
- Peach fritters are an easy grab!
- Everyone loves a good peach pie, but this year, let's switch it up some with these other types of pie!
- Peach Hand Pies
- No-Bake Peach Pie
- Peach Cream Pie
- Custard Peach Pie
- Make some homemade peach ice cream! And if sorbet or sherbert is more your style...
- Have a July birthday or anniversary? Promotion at work? New home or pet owner? No matter the reason, celebrate with cake!
- Peach Dump Cake
- Blueberries deserve love, too! Peach and Blueberry Greek Yogurt Cake
- Who says only pineapples can go upside-down? Peach Upside-Down Cake
- Peaches and Cream Cake
- Peach Cobbler Cheesecake
- When a whole cake is just too much - Peach Cupcakes
- Peach Pound Cake
- Trade in your strawberries and give this peach pretzel salad a whirl!
- And some more "ol' faithfuls" - peach crumb bars, peach crisp and a peach crumble.
- Peach Lemonade
- Peach Tea
- Peach Daiquiris - with or without alcohol!
- Peach Smoothie
- Peach Slushie - adults can sub juice for wine!
- Peach Punch - add alcohol for an adult version!
- Peach Sangria
- Peach Margarita - frozen or on the rocks!
- Bourbon Peach Smash
- Peach Bellini
- Peach Cosmopolitan
- Peach Moscow Mule
Hopefully, you'll find a recipe or two to try this July! And if not, don't fret, this isn't even a dent in the peach game!
But now that you know what you want to do with your peaches, it's time to go get some! Below is a list of local farms around the state where you can either buy "U-pick" or pre-picked, fresh peaches. Please see this website or the farms' website (if applicable) for all dates and times, payment methods and directions. *Farms are listed by county in alphabetical order.
- Pat Chappell Farms, Inc.
- King's Market
- Maple Ridge Farm
- James R. Sease Farms #2 aka The Patch
- Hinnant Farm
- St. Julien Plantation
- Dorr Farms
- Willard Farms
Happy peach picking 🍑🍑