Celebrate Good Times, Come On!
We're pushing two solid months of being quarantined - maybe longer for some us - and it's certainly not ideal. So for the month of May, let's choose to have fun (social distantly, of course)!! Below you'll find entertaining, national and international days, weeks and months to celebrate for some easy and simple fun!
MAY NATIONAL MONTHS:
- National Asparagus Month - see how many ways you can incorporate this veggie throughout the month!
- National Motorcycle Awareness Month - rent one and take a ride (just be aware!)
- Date Your Mate Month - set-up a date night-in with your quarantine buddy!
- National Barbecue Month - take advantage of this beautiful weather and put your grill to use!
- National Egg Month - try some egg crafts to keep your kids entertained - then eat them afterwards!
- National Hamburger Month - try out different meats (or vegan if that's your style), maybe you'll find a new favorite!
- National Photography Month - get to know your phone camera and have a photoshoot!
- National Salsa Month - how hot can you take it?
- National Strawberry Month - try eating some strawberry every day!
MAY NATIONAL WEEKS
- Small Business Week (first week) - celebrate by ordering from your favorite local joint!
- National Pet Week (first week) - foster an animal - you know you want to!
- Nurses Week (first week) - send letters/drawings to your local hospital/medical center!
- Teacher Appreciation Week (first week) - send some flowers or goodies to your kid's teacher (it'll brighten their day!)
- American Craft Beer Week (May 14-20) - try out some new ones, maybe cook with them!
MAY NATIONAL DAYS
- National Space Day (May 1) - build a solar system from household items!
- Kentucky Derby (May 2) - create your own derby! (Don't forget the mint juleps!)
- National Lemonade Day (May 3) - peach lemonade, anyone?
- National Star Wars Day (May 4) - May the Force be with you
- Cinco de Mayo (May 5) - try a frozen grape and mint margarita!
- National Beverage Day (May 6) - indulge in your favorite!
- National Roast Leg of Lamb Day (May 7) - give it a shot!
- National Coconut Cream Pie Day (May 8) - it's what's for dessert!
- National Moscato Day (May 9) - you know what to do
- Mother's Day (May 10) - pamper her the best way you know how
- National Eat What You Want Day (May 11) - you already know
- National Nutty Fudge Day (May 12) - what kind of nut will you use?
- National Apple Pie Day (May 13) - save us a slice!
- National Dance Like a Chicken Day (May 14) - always hilarious - we don't care who you are!
- National Pizza Party Day (May 15) - but virtually!
- National Do Something Good for Your Neighbor Day (May 16) - help them out, mow their lawn!
- National Graduation Tassel Day (May 17) - have an at-home graduation ceremony for all your children!
- National Cheese Soufflé Day (May 18) - maybe you'll discover a new talent!
- National Devil's Food Cake Day (May 19) - pretty sinful how good it is!
- National Be a Millionaire Day (May 20) - relieve your mind and think of how you'd spend a million dollars!
- National Strawberries and Cream Day (May 21) - is it breakfast or dessert?
- World Paloma Day (May 22) - try three different recipes!
- National Lucky Penny Day (May 23) - empty your change purse and see how many pennies you have from different years
- National Scavenger Hunt Day (May 24) - winner doesn't have to do their chores!
- Memorial Day (May 25) - enjoy the outdoors!
- National Blueberry Cheesecake Day (May 26) - you deserve it!
- National Grape Popsicle Day (May 27) - make your own!
- National Brisket Day (May 28) - we're drooling just thinking about it
- National Coq Au Vin Day (May 29) - fondue at home!
- National Creativity Day (May 30) - out of ideas? YouTube.
- National Macaroon Day (May 31) - order from a few local bakeries and taste test for the best one!
MAY INTERNATIONAL DAYS
- World Laughter Day (May 3) - we could all use some
- International No Diet Day (May 6) - let yourself have it!
- International Hummus Day (May 12) - store-bought or homemade!
- International Day of Families (May 15) - spend the day doing all of your family's favorites!
- World Bee Day (May 20) - incorporate local honey in your meals!
Whatever you and yours choose to celebrate - have fun and make it your own!